Crescendo Fine Arts Academy
Crescendo Club Group Classes
Tuition is $7.00 per calendar month, due by the first class of the month.
Crescendo Club Absences:
1. If you will be absent from class, please inform the teacher or office with as much notice as possible.
2. After your second absence, we will call you to confirm your participation.
3. After your third absence, enrollment is forfeited.
There are no makeup credits, substitutions, or rescheduling of Crescendo Club classes.
Class participation and behavior:
Class participation is essential to the maintaining a positive environment and ensuring progress can be made during the class. A student will be dismissed from the class and marked as “absent” under the following conditions.
1. If the student is unruly, disruptive, or exhibits bad behavior (at the teacher’s discretion), the student will be asked to sit off to the side of the class. After the class, the teacher will inform the parent of what occurred, and email the CFAA office.
2. If the student goes to the restroom and does not return, the teacher will notify parent and teacher of what happened.
3. At the second occurrence of bad behavior, the student will be asked to leave the program and the spot will be released to the waitlist students.
4. Teachers are only responsible for students during class hours, and while the students are in the classroom. If a student leaves the classroom, CFAA assumes no responsibility for the child. Teacher may request CFAA office assistance with bathroom breaks if necessary.
Lending agreements: Parents AND student must sign the Loan Agreement before checking out books or instruments. All materials must be returned at end of semester, or parent will be charged for replacement cost.
Private lesson tuition is billed monthly, due by the first business day of the month. Tuition starts at $26.50 per 30-minute lesson. Payment plans are available; please contact office for more information.
Making up missed lessons:
• In general, CFAA follows the SVVSD school calendar regarding weather closings, holidays, and non-student contact days.
• For absences with 24 hours or more notice, private lessons may generally be cancelled or given a make-up credit (at teacher’s discretion).
• Crescendo Club group classes are never made up.
• Within 24 hours, if parent contacts CFAA office to cancel the lesson it may or may not be made up, at teacher discretion.
• If no notice is given: the lesson may be made up (at teacher discretion) after the first occurrence, but will not be made up at the second or further occurrence.
• After 3 missed lessons with no notice given, the student will be dismissed from lessons
• Emergency exceptions to this policy include: serious sickness, family emergency, or weather-related cancellations.
If you will be absent:
1. Please contact teacher at least 24 hours in advance of a missed lesson.
2. Makeup week is scheduled for the final week of school classes; any missed lessons may be made up then if teacher is able to schedule a time.
3. Missed lessons due to sickness or emergencies are generally given a make-up credit; please notify the office. More than one make-up outside of these sickness or emergency are given solely at the discretion of the teacher.
4. Only one tuition credit may be carried forward to the next semester.
Make-up week is the final week of each semester. Regular tuition covers the number of designated weeks per semester, outside of makeup week. So, if a student attends every lesson during the semester, they will not need a makeup week lesson (though they may choose to have a lesson, for an additional fee).
CFAA shares building space due to the generosity of Longmont Church of Christ. Please be respectful of other programs, classes, clients, room usage, and the environment around you.
1. CFAA only operates in certain classrooms; use of other rooms for parent waiting is not guaranteed.
2. The church nursery is not available for siblings of CFAA students.
3. Parents are welcome to wait in the lobby, or other unoccupied rooms (depending on scheduling and other use).
Student pickups and drop-offs:
1. CFAA is only responsible for students during scheduled class or lesson times.
2. Please arrive on time – students who are 10 minutes late to class or lesson may not be admitted.
3. Please pickup students on time – childcare is not provided, and there is no guarantee that an adult will be present outside of class or lesson time. CFAA is not responsible for students outside class or lesson time.
4. Students may walk home only if the CFAA office has a signed permission slip on file.
By enrolling in CFAA classes, parents/guardians grant permission to Hopelight Medical Clinic to care for students in case of emergency medical need. This may include emergency treatment, or transportation to hospital. In case of medical emergency, parents agree that parent’s insurance will be primary. Parents will be notified in case of any emergency.
Termination from CFAA: Students may be dismissed from CFAA classes due to improper behavior, if he/she causes harm to others or self, uses profanity, or does not seem to be able to abide by the rules, or if the parent does not follow the adult rules of conduct around the children of Crescendo.
Illness: if a student is sick during class, parents must come immediately to pick student up. In case of serious medical attention, staff at Hopelight Medical Clinic may attend to students’ medical needs.
In general, CFAA follows the St. Vrain Valley School District Calendar. This means that if schools are closed, CFAA is too (no classes; private lessons only by appointment).
Unenrolling from CFAA:
a. The parent must notify the CFAA office that the student is unenrolling. The unenrollment date will be the day the notification is received.
b. Crescendo Club is a monthly membership, charged per student. The charge will be added to the family account if at least one class was attended during the calendar month.
c. To unenroll, family account must be paid, including any Crescendo Club membership charges, loan item lost fees, or any other charges.
Unenrolling from Private Lessons:
a. The student must notify both the CFAA office and the teacher directly.
b. Unenrollment date will be the last lesson that the student has pre-paid for. CFAA does not give refunds on tuition, except in cases where the student has paid for the entire semester. If a student pays month-to-month, they must use all remaining tuition credits or forfeit the pre-paid lesson.
c. To finalize unenrollment, the CFAA office will send a final invoice balanced out to zero.