Crescendo Fine Arts Academy Policies 2020-2021
- Do not come to class if you are sick or showing any symptoms.
- Social distancing will be observed; Students must remain in the indicated areas during class to maintain limited contact.
- Students will avoid touching other students or the teacher.
- Masks will be worn by students and teachers while on campus.
- Students will be picked up after class at the Studio door or in the Main Building lobby.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be used upon entering each Studio.
- When appropriate, class may be held outside (does not apply to piano classes).
- We have increased cleaning protocols:
- All surfaces in both studios are wiped down prior to the first and after the last class each day, and the building is cleaned overnight.
- All instruments are wiped down between each class.
- All door handles are wiped down between each class.
- Restrooms are cleaned throughout the day and overnight.
- The lobby is cleaned overnight, and Main Building surfaces are wiped down throughout the day.
- Studio doors and windows will be open, weather permitting.
Crescendo staff can see at a glance which students are currently on campus. Teachers, Admin, or Welcome Center staff can see this on the MyMusicStaff portal. When students arrive to class, they must check-in with their Teacher, at each class.
- Students check in with the Teacher at the classroom Door.
- Student washes hands at Sanitizing station.
- Teacher marks student “present” in MMS.
- At the end of class, teacher walks students to Main Building lobby, or allows parent to collect student at classroom door.
Please note: Parent MUST show badge to pick up student after class, or teacher must recognize parent. No student will be released to any adult at classroom door unless that adult has a Parent Badge. Students may be picked up from Main Building lobby by recognized adults only.
All classes are held in the smaller Youth Group building, across the parking lot from the Main Building. Parents may drop-off and pick-up students at the door to either Studio A (wooden stairs) or Studio B (Metal stairs/ramp).
At the conclusion of each class, the teacher will permit parent pick-up ONLY for parents who are recognized by the Teacher, or who have a Parent Badge. Parent Badges may be obtained by contacting CFAA’s Admin Assistant, or by informing the Welcome Center attendant.
NO STUDENT WILL BE RELEASED to any adult unless that adult has a Parent Badge, or the teacher or staff recognizes the adult as a parent or family member.
Please Keep in Mind the Following
• Parents may wait in their car, or in the lobby of the Main Building. Parents are not permitted to sit in the group classes more than one time with teacher permission.
• CFAA is not responsible for students after teacher takes them to the Main Building lobby. Teacher responsibility for students is only during class time, and Hopelight Staff in general are not responsible for Students.
• Please drop-off and pick-up your Students in a timely manner. Consistent parent tardiness may result in student being dismissed from the class/lesson.
We are pleased to be able to loan you books, materials, and instruments for your at-home practice! If the Teacher determines you need to borrow something from our Lending Library, they will check it out to you through the MyMusicStaff system.
You can view items currently checked out by logging in to your Student Portal at any time.
Items are always due back on campus by the end of each semester and must be checked out again each semester needed.
At the time of item check-out, the Parent/Guardian will sign a form acknowledging receipt of the item and agreeing to pay a fee in case the item is lost or damaged.
Restrooms are only available in the Main Building. Please make effort to avoid trips to the restroom during class time. If a student absolutely must go to the restroom, the Teacher will call the Admin Assistant to accompany the student while crossing the parking lot.
Admin Assistant will wait outside the restroom and accompany the student back to class.
If restroom usage is excessive (as deemed by the Teacher), you will be contacted to discuss options for the future.
You can find most information on our homepage (www.crescendocreative.org)
or in your Student Portal (www.mymusicstaff.com)
The Admin Assistant is available each afternoon to help you with any questions you may have. You can also feel free to contact the Director at any time.
The Welcome Center attendant, located in the Main Building lobby, can also assist you with some things like checking your schedule, teacher contact info, or making payments/checking your family’s Account Balance.
If you are interested in learning more about all the family-oriented programs that Hopelight offers, please let the CFAA office know. We have many ways to serve your family’s needs.
We’re available to help and look forward to making your music classes a fun opportunity for the whole family!
Progress in group classes depends on weekly attendance at the class. Large numbers of students on the waitlist necessitate that CFAA keeps track of open spots in each class. CFAA will release a student’s spot to the first person on that class’s waitlist under the following conditions.
- If student misses a single class, the teacher will mark student “absent” in MyMusicStaff. If parent notifies CFAA office of the reason for the absence, no further action will be taken.
- If student misses a second class, and the parent has not contacted the office, CFAA’s Admin Assistant will call parent to verify student’s continued participation.
- Student will be un-enrolled, and their spot will be released to waitlist students after the second absence unless parent confirms continuing participation.
Class participation is essential to the maintaining a positive environment and ensuring progress can be made during the class. Student will be dismissed from the class under the following conditions.
- If student is unruly, disruptive, or exhibits bad behavior (at the teacher’s discretion), student will be asked to sit off to the side of the class without participating. After the class, the teacher will inform parent of what occurred during the class and email the CFAA office.
- If student goes to the restroom and does not return, teacher will notify parent of what happened.
- At the second occurrence of bad behavior, student will be dismissed from the class and student’s spot will be released to the waitlist students.
- Teachers are only responsible for Students during class hours and while student remains in the classroom. If student leaves the classroom, CFAA assumes no responsibility for student. Teacher may request CFAA office assistance with bathroom breaks if necessary.
Unenrolling from Crescendo Club Group Classes:
- The parent must notify the CFAA office that the student is unenrolling. The unenrollment date will be the day the notification is received.
- Crescendo Club is a monthly membership, charged per student. The charge will be added to the family account if at least one class was attended during the calendar month. Tuition must be paid once student attends the first class of the month.
- To unenroll, Family Account must be fully paid with a zero balance, including any Crescendo Club membership charges, loan item lost fees, or any other charges.
Unenrolling from Private Lessons:
- The student must notify both the CFAA office and the teacher.
- Unenrollment date will be the last lesson that the student has pre-paid for. CFAA does not give refunds on tuition, except in cases where the student has paid for the entire semester, or if the office cancels the lessons. If a student pays month-to-month, they must use all remaining tuition credits or forfeit the pre-paid lesson.
- To finalize unenrollment, the CFAA office will send a final invoice balanced out to zero.
- In general, CFAA follows the SVVSD school calendar regarding weather closings and Holidays.
- Group classes will still be held on SVVSD non-student contact / teacher in-service days. Private Lessons are always scheduled directly with teacher.
- For absences with 24 hours or more notice, Private Lessons may generally be cancelled or given a make-up credit (at teacher’s discretion).
- Crescendo Club group classes are never made up.
- Within 24 hours, if parent contacts CFAA office to cancel the Private Lesson it may or may not be made up, at teacher discretion.
- If no notice is given, or notice is less than 24 hours: The Private Lesson may be made up (at teacher discretion) after the first occurrence but will not be made up at the second or further occurrence.
- After 2 missed Private Lessons with no notice given, the student will be dismissed from lessons
- Emergency exceptions to this policy include serious sickness, family emergency, or weather-related cancellations.
Parents are emailed an invoice showing all upcoming charges for the next calendar month. The invoice is due by the 7th day of the calendar month. The invoice is emailed 7 days prior to the first of the month.
Parents may pay invoices with any of the following methods:
- Click the “Click here to pay online” button in your invoice (Preferred method)
- Pay online without an invoice at crescendocreative.org/tuition
- Pay in person at our Welcome Center desk. We accept cash, check, credit, or debit card.
- If parent so desires, we can set up automatic recurring payments (“Auto Pay”) on a credit or debit card. This is handled through our secure payment method, and parents can see all transaction through the Family Account online.
Please Keep in Mind
- You will be billed monthly for each Crescendo Club group you are enrolled in.
- If payment is not received by the 7th day of the calendar month, you will be charged a $10.00 late fee.
- If payment is not received by the 15th day of the calendar month, Student will be unenrolled from classes.
- Payment plans may be arranged by speaking with the Director.
- Scholarship opportunities are available on a limited basis.
- Mentorship arrangements are by invitation only.
A limited number of tuition scholarships are available to qualified students. To apply for a need-based scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application form. This form is available on request from the CFAA office, and will ask you about family size, annual income, and other pertinent details. Due to limited donation-based funding, not every application is awarded a scholarship, but we encourage you to apply!
Scholarships are awarded on a per-semester basis. Each semester you wish to apply for a scholarship, you must complete a Scholarship Application form.
Advancing students who demonstrate a commitment to the program can enter into a mentorship agreement to receive individual private lessons at no charge, in exchange for assisting with supervised beginning-level classes. Candidates are invited to join to the mentorship program, based on age, experience, and demonstrated commitment to excellence. For more information, please contact us.
CFAA assumes the right to publish photos and video of all Students, families, and event participants on our website, brochures, and any other advertising venues. When published, names will not be used unless specific permission is granted by the Parent/Guardian.
You may opt out of this permission by notifying the CFAA office, or on your registration form each semester.
You must register for lessons or classes each semester. Priority registration is opened to currently enrolled students two weeks before General Registration opens.
Registration is easily completed online at www.crescendocreative.org
If you require assistance with registering, please inform the CFAA office and we will be glad to register you in person or by phone.
With your free access to the Student/Parent portal in MyMusicStaff, you can see upcoming events, register for classes, see your current Family Account Balance, contact your teacher, see assignments, download practice resources, and more!
- During your initial registration (beginning Fall 2020), you will be emailed a login link to the MyMusicStaff Student portal.
- The portal can also be accessed through our website: www.crescendocreative.org/current-students
- Once you log in, you can update your password
- To request a log-in reset, please contact the office: